The following rules govern the use by you of the ASCE blog, an ASCE-labeled social media channel. By accessing the ASCE blog, you agree to abide by these rules and any modifications thereto.
ASCE reserves the right to remove, edit, or otherwise alter content deemed inappropriate for any reason, without notification.
The ASCE Blog, and any postings and comments therein, shall not contain or link to language or illustrations that:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, abusive, ad hominem, or off-topic
- Contain content that is confidential or proprietary to ASCE, its members, or affiliates
- Are intended for commercial purposes, such as solicitation of funds, promotion of commercial entities or engaging in other commercial activity
- Endorses or opposes any political candidate or party or any partisan political position
- Include spam or chain letters
- Violate a third party’s right to privacy or any other applicable local, state, national or international law
- Degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification.
- Infringes on any third party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights
Authors who create, post, and/or comment on the ASCE blog shall:
- Ensure that the posted material does not violate any term or condition of this policy
- Represent that they have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, display, and distribute the material and that it does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other person or entity
- Include their name in the creation of social media channels and with each post or comment; anonymous activity is not permitted
- Understand that by submitting, posting, or displaying content on or through an ASCE site, user grants ASCE an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and distribute such content in any media, either existing now or in the future, in its sole discretion
- Certify that they are of legal age (18 or older)
ASCE makes no warranties of any kind with regard to the contents of this site or to any comments posted by third parties, including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. ASCE does not warrant that any information is complete or accurate or that any information or links provided are free of rogue programming. You understand and acknowledge that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the blog at your own risk.
By using this site, you hereby release and waive any and all claims against ASCE, its Sections, Branches, directors, officers, employees, members and agents, arising from or in connection with your use of this site. You also agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ASCE from and against any and all claims, including costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or in connection with your use of the blog or your failure to abide by applicable law.
The opinions of ASCE blog contributors, moderators, posters, and commenters are their own, and not necessarily that of ASCE or its affiliates. ASCE will not be held liable for any injury resulting from such statements.
Disclaimer of Accuracy
This communication is for general informational purposes only and is not intended in any fashion to be a substitute for professional consultation. Reliance on the contents of this communication is solely and completely at your own risk; therefore, you are urged to exercise a reasonable degree of caution in your use of any information or advice contained herein. Under no circumstances does ASCE, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or volunteers warrant the completeness, accuracy, or relevancy of any information or advice provided herein, or its usefulness for any particular purpose. ASCE, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and volunteers expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any liability, loss, or damage that you may cause or incur in reliance on any information or advice provided herein.